Name:
Location: Puyallup, Washington, United States

I'm just a normal 40 hour a week, working woman that is trying to save money wherever she can. I have a wonderful husband and two big kitties and hope to have children in the near future. I enjoy being around my huge extended family, playing softball, and various games of all kinds.

Monday, July 25, 2005

Random thoughts to fill up this blogger some...

Ok first, if you have a chance I completely recommend going to see Hustle and Flow. For me, it was one of the best movies of the year. But I think you have to partially have the taste for the ghetto movies in order to really appreciate it. Think Bill & 40s and you would know what I'm talking about. But the actors were all very good and I laughed almost the whole way through. It was awesome.

Second, what the hell is Super Size me supposed to prove? I have a very hard time believing that our society should blame all these companies for using our weaknesses against us. If I want a supersize fry, let me choose. I mean I understand that I have a high metabolism and I'm skinny, but why should I suffer because people can not make right choices. If your ass is eating McDonalds 2/3 times a week, you're going to be big. It's all about moderation. I just think it's a scapegoat to tackle the companies when it's a person's own responsibility to eat right and exercise. It's not McDonalds fault that you're obese. It's not Camel's fault you smoke. It's not Budweiser's fault your liver is dying. (haha)

And to not know that a Big Mac is unhealthy for you!! Come on. Use a brain cell if you have any and think about it. Sorry. I like my supersize fries. I don't eat them everyday, but they are a nice treat. Ahh...just don't like things being taken away. Granted I do agree, some smoking and drinking advertising should be limited only because of our laws and we don't want our children drinking and smoking :)

8 Comments:

Blogger Ozzy said...

the inherent problem in your argument is that you're still assuming the greater portion of america has a brain cell to use. after so many ppl growing up on mtv i have serious doubts, especially seeing as how i'm being exposed to quite a few of these people now. brains, and the responsible development of reason in them, is exceedingly rare as i get older...*sigh*

7/25/2005 12:03 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

True. Sad, but very true. I'm just tired of people blaming everyone but themselves. That's all.

7/25/2005 12:04 PM  
Blogger liz said...

Not even mtv, because mtv has no freaking m any more. And the m that it has sucks ass. they don't even have proper mtv. i almost pity them.

7/25/2005 1:10 PM  
Blogger Ozzy said...

true, but mtv's been that way for a while. i really can't believe that people still watch the tripe that they air. of course, the same could be said for most of tv...thankfully, there's still cartoons late at night and on fox sundays :)

7/25/2005 3:22 PM  
Blogger nell said...

cartoons! Yay! (you can tell where my sympathies lie)

7/25/2005 4:24 PM  
Blogger Rama said...

yeah... I could make a political comment right now, but will withhold it due to everyone else's leanings. :)

7/26/2005 6:03 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

oh i watched tom and jerry the other night. that was fun. hehe

7/26/2005 7:17 AM  
Blogger Rama said...

cartooooooooons!!!

7/26/2005 8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home