Name:
Location: Puyallup, Washington, United States

I'm just a normal 40 hour a week, working woman that is trying to save money wherever she can. I have a wonderful husband and two big kitties and hope to have children in the near future. I enjoy being around my huge extended family, playing softball, and various games of all kinds.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Into the West

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/tvdvd.php?id=1980
When this comes out on video, I would recommend seeing it. It was a great great movie. It made me cry at the end and get very angry. It basically ended with the massacre at wounded knee. And I can't believe all of these events and more only took place a little over a hundred years ago. It's amazing. That's two generations. Could justice ever take place? I don't think the damage can be undone. The Lakota, for example, are still one of the poorest nations. And Pine Ridge, fighting was going on twenty/thirty years ago. It's very sad to think of all this. And then I think of what to do to help, and I'm lost. How do you take so many years of wrong doing and make it right? how do you take a bunch of people and make it a village like it once was? Is it possible?

I think I'm going to go to Alaska next year for a huge family reunion. Well, I'm going to try. My aunts/uncles that I've never seen before are throwing this and would love for us Seattle folk to come up. I think it would be amazing. Yeah!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home