Name:
Location: Puyallup, Washington, United States

I'm just a normal 40 hour a week, working woman that is trying to save money wherever she can. I have a wonderful husband and two big kitties and hope to have children in the near future. I enjoy being around my huge extended family, playing softball, and various games of all kinds.

Monday, November 21, 2005

Damn the holidays

Ok just realized this past weekend, that one of my favorite holidays is about a month away. Am I prepared?? HELL NO! Not even close. Next weekend the tree needs to be put up, but the landlord has to lay down trim, so what's the point if he's going to do that. Still haven't moved back all my crap to the living room for the nice new carpet we got.

So in terms of gifts, only grandma's is done. Parents are started. Well, one of mine, and one of peters. So now what? I hate shopping late. And last year, everything went so well and there is so much to live up to. Not to mention this year I'm doing Christmas Eve dinner with all the food. Ham, Turkey, stuffing, taters...oh god.

Normally by now I'm good to go. But damn time....creeping up on me. Sneaky Sneaky time.

9 Comments:

Blogger Rama said...

tell me about it. I usually have xmas shopping done by October, but with all the weddings this summer, never got around to it.

Mucho kudos to cooking all that food. I refuse to cook. Absolutely refuse. :)

11/22/2005 10:25 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

haha i love it. i've turned into such a home person...i like italian food the best. mmm, garlic. well i've managed to get about 1/3rd done :) yeah online shopping.

11/22/2005 10:40 AM  
Blogger nell said...

holy cow, you're ambitious. my mom might let me help with the potatoes or something like that, but she won't let me touch anything else. my brother and I usually go Christmas shopping when we're home from school, which gives us like a week. heheheh.

11/23/2005 5:54 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I would love to do that...but i have a pretty big extended family and now peter's. holy cow!! I just like to be done early, as opposed to my parent's christmas eve shopping. so last minute.

11/23/2005 7:37 AM  
Blogger Rama said...

okay... keep your fingers crossed that my mother doesn't suddenly decide I should develop homemaker traits. :)

11/23/2005 1:16 PM  
Blogger Rama said...

how did the food turn out?

11/26/2005 12:16 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

haha, oh i'm doing it for christmas eve, so i still have time. but i did watch queer eye and i'm going to brine my turkey this year....which is soaking it, so it will be very tender. and i get to use bourbon. love using alcohol for cooking :)

11/28/2005 7:32 AM  
Blogger Rama said...

already sounds too complicated for me. :)

11/28/2005 10:58 AM  
Blogger *dots* said...

brining a turkey is very yummy...
i am 80% done with the christmas shopping, ditto the online thing!! still feeling pressured though...

11/29/2005 11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home