Name:
Location: Puyallup, Washington, United States

I'm just a normal 40 hour a week, working woman that is trying to save money wherever she can. I have a wonderful husband and two big kitties and hope to have children in the near future. I enjoy being around my huge extended family, playing softball, and various games of all kinds.

Monday, August 01, 2005

Guilty Conscience

Ok so I'm talking to my friend A who i've known since elementary school on Sat and we're chatting for about a half hour, when I tell her about C's upcoming wedding in April. A lives in Wisconsin and I was hoping to take an extra day to come and see her after C's wedding. I haven't seen this girl in 11 years, but we talk all the time now. We've lost touch and reconnected. So I would think she would be happy that I was going to see her. No. It was quite the opposite. She completely freaked, saying things likem "I only get one day. Woo Hoo Lucky me." I then tried to explain that I could barely take the time off of work at that time and that I couldn't spend too much time away. And since I'm a bridesmaid for C's wedding, I needed to give C my attention for a few days prior to the wedding.

I guess she doesn't understand that. So now I've spent two days of feeling very guilty about this whole situation. I mean I'm doing what I can and really should be getting back from the wedding on Sun, so I can go to work on Mon. And I know this isn't until April, but I was trying...AHHH!! Then she quickly gets off the phone with me. It just frustrates me because I'm feeling so guilty, and knowing I shouldn't because it's out of my hands. And part of me is just getting angry and saying screw you, I'll just go for the wedding. But then I'm like, no she'll still be happy, even if it's for one day. AHH! The insanity.

11 Comments:

Blogger Rama said...

yikes... maybe she feels slighted that you would come into town for another friend, but not make a special trip for her? which is stupid, since the only reason you're making the trip in the first place is for a wedding (not a casual visitation). hmm... and really, how much can you do with a person you haven't seen in years and in WI no less... it's better just to sit and chat, and you don't need more than a day to do that (without completely getting on each other's nerves). Don't feel guilty... if she isn't happy with one day, than she's not worth the effort (and missed day of work)

8/01/2005 8:41 AM  
Blogger nell said...

it's possible she feels guilty, too, maybe about not keeping in touch with you? I've been on her side of the story before and immediately felt bad about it afterwards, but it's hard to say sorry when you're not sure what happened in the first place... how to fix the situation, I don't know...

8/01/2005 9:36 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Part of it, I know, is that she always pouts until she gets her way. Very spoiled. But I still feel guilty. Can't help it. I'm going to give her a call tonight and if she's still mad about it, then what can I do?

8/01/2005 10:09 AM  
Blogger nell said...

ok, so not so much like me :)

good luck!

8/01/2005 1:57 PM  
Blogger Ozzy said...

i say, screw her! you obviously were going out of your way to attempt to do something nice, and it apparently wasn't good enough for her. so don't give her any of your time (at least, not in person). maybe next time the opportunity comes up, she won't be so spoiled about it.

8/01/2005 2:14 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

no not like you at all Nellie. not at all. No worries. I know part of me says screw her. But I used to play barbies with this chick!! :) hehe. ahh see, this is why i didn't have a lot of girlie friends.

8/01/2005 2:31 PM  
Blogger Ozzy said...

hahaha....i can't imagine you playing barbies...unless barbie decided to do a night of bar-hopping, lol ;)

8/01/2005 9:40 PM  
Blogger nell said...

lol!

8/01/2005 9:42 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

haha, it was a long long time ago. It was more to do her hair and to create this gigantic house out shoeboxes, shoes (which were our cars) and everything else under the sun. I was never blessed with a barbie house. hehe. I still have some, well my parents do for when little ones come over. :)

8/02/2005 7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't feel guilty about it. it isn't your fault if she's going batshit for some reason :)

-liz

8/04/2005 7:25 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

haha, now she called me and is all happy and hasn't mentioned it. but i'm sure she'll use the guilt trip later. ahh, friendships :)

8/04/2005 8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home