Name:
Location: Puyallup, Washington, United States

I'm just a normal 40 hour a week, working woman that is trying to save money wherever she can. I have a wonderful husband and two big kitties and hope to have children in the near future. I enjoy being around my huge extended family, playing softball, and various games of all kinds.

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Emotional Cheating?

Ok I've got a question for you. Is there such a thing as emotional cheating? I believe so, if it's more of an obsession rather than little flirtation. I mean if it's affecting your current relationship, then it needs to stop.

The reason I ask this is that I feel so bad for Jennifer Aniston. And I know she's a hollywood start and why the hell would I care. But if you think about, not only is her husband (who's incredibly sexy) with another woman right now, and all these rumors are going on....everyone knows. EVERYONE! And she has to be asked a million times. And it's all just got to suck. I mean it would suck for a normal woman to go through this....And then for them to blame it on her not wanting children, is crap. Would you blame a man for that? No. Reporters are nasty. That's for darn sure.

10 Comments:

Blogger Rama said...

I feel for her too... He was impatient to start a family, and Angelina already has one, so of course he's looking that direction. Jen'll bounce back.

As to emotional cheating... hmm... I always viewed cheating as an action, and emotions aren't typically classified as actions. It still hurts the relationship, but it only involves the two people, not three/four/five/however many (depending on how often one got around)...

8/04/2005 9:58 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

yeah I can see that, but should you be honest with your partner or hide it. I think it would really hurt the relationship, because I think that trust would be a major issue after that.

8/04/2005 10:10 AM  
Blogger nell said...

some advice columnist wrote something along the lines that if it's something you truly regret/moved past/etc., and you plan on staying in the current relationship, you shouldn't tell. telling might make you feel better, but it wouldn't make your partner feel better. but when physically cheating, of course, if there's a possibility of transmitting a disease of course you should disclose that information.

that being said, my own views on the matter are that emotional and physical cheating exist but are very different things. is having fantasies about someone else, but never acting on it, anything like acting on those impulses? I don't think so. with emotional cheating, you still have the option to make a 'clean break' before things get out of hand, before something 'real' happens.

8/04/2005 9:31 PM  
Blogger Rama said...

everyone has fantasies... it's what makes us human... and some things you need to keep to yourself. I don't believe there is a sin of contemplation... it's the actions that matter, not the thoughts.

8/05/2005 5:31 AM  
Blogger nell said...

although hopefully one would realize when the thoughts reach a certain point its time to end a relationship. harmless fantasies are one thing, but if you spend all your time thinking about someone else, you really need to question if you're in love with your partner or not.

8/05/2005 6:46 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

very true. I mean, come on now. I can't resist looking at a hot guy walking by. And you can never help who the hell pops up in your dreams. hehe

8/05/2005 8:06 AM  
Blogger Rama said...

just blame it on the incubi... those dream demon scoundrels... :)

8/05/2005 8:27 AM  
Blogger nell said...

lol

8/05/2005 5:45 PM  
Blogger liz said...

m & i read this book, and he talks in the book about how his girlfriend had a dream that he slept with somebody and was mad at him for it. and m was using this as an example of something Crazy People Do much later, more recently when we've read the book a long time ago (Mil Millington's Things My Girlfriend And I Have Argued About, fyi, and it's a hysterical read) and he says liz has never been mad at me for dreaming i slept with somebody else and i'm like ummmmm honey ... i tried really hard not to be mad ... so maybe it didn't show toooo much ... and you know it wasn't real but you were mad in the dream and it just carries over, cuz there's a lot of mad there ...

8/08/2005 7:35 AM  
Blogger nell said...

it's hard not to be mad

8/08/2005 3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home