Name:
Location: Puyallup, Washington, United States

I'm just a normal 40 hour a week, working woman that is trying to save money wherever she can. I have a wonderful husband and two big kitties and hope to have children in the near future. I enjoy being around my huge extended family, playing softball, and various games of all kinds.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I hate being a girl sometimes

ok so normally a girl can get anything she wants and a guy can be really nice....haha!! I know, only if you're Paris or Pamela Anderson. Cause obviously men at auto repair shops not only like to screw you big out of money, they like to ruin your car so you can come back in. All I did was take my 01 car in to get the diagnostics checked and spark plugs replaced, if needed. Well the big lard of a man comes out and says, "whoever put in the spark plugs, put in the wrong kind and you'll need double platinum ones which is going to cost more." fine, I get that, but not for a total of $75!! Then, they let me know that my spark plug wires needed to be replaced and that would cost me another $100!!!! I immediately told them no because I knew spark plug wires do not cost that much and since my car ran fine before I took it in, I have a little time before needing them. Boy was I wrong!! Because what I didn't know is that these monsters (yes I can think of worse names, but trying to keep the cussing out of this) ruined my spark plugs so that Mon. morning when I try to drive to work, my car will not make more than 1/2 mile. It's just chugging, gasping for life. So I'm pissed. Royally pissed. My boy takes off the spark plug wires and literally had to take one of them off in pieces because those pieces of poos jimmy rigged them back on. So instead of saying, "we screwed up." Those crap heads said, "let's screw this nice girl out of more money by messing up her car." The newest freaking car she ever had!!!!!! Ok so there's my vent. I hate mechanics. They should be lined up and shot. If I was a guy, this wouldn't have happened. Well most likely not. I will be nicer in my next post, unless something else happens. :)

9 Comments:

Blogger Rama said...

not all mechanics are like that... I say find a different shop

8/09/2005 11:17 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

haha, I did. My boyfriend. He felt so guilty for all this pain that he is going to do my maintenance stuff now and my warranty is still good as long as we use the correct parts. Yeah!! I feel better now if you couldn't tell.

8/09/2005 12:37 PM  
Blogger nell said...

No need to be nice when people are screwing you over. I know, I know. I'm there right now. Hopefully your car will be aok. Makes me feel like cussing just reading your post... I shall refrain!

8/09/2005 3:43 PM  
Blogger Ozzy said...

personally, i like mechanics. they make up half my family ;) and i grew up and worked with them (by which i mean mechanics in general) for a long time. what i don't like are the little independent-shop workers that consider themselves mechanics, which is what your story makes me think of (my family mechanics are all dealership employees, including myself in my time, but i also worked at ind. shops before too).
but yeah, that's a really shitty thing to have happen . it's prolly not just cuz you're a girl tho, they prolly really are that shitty at their job ;) good call on not authorizing the "repairs", btw

8/09/2005 5:45 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

yeah I'm not a pro at cars, but i'm not an idiot either. Stupid people! yeah it's a little shop. but dealers are so expensive.

8/10/2005 7:22 AM  
Blogger Ozzy said...

i dunno about out there, but here they wind up being about the same or cheaper, despite that sign saying there's an hourly rate of $92 (something they wind up rarely charging, i guess). and warranty work is just that - under warranty. i've already had my car in twice, didn't cost a dime. i imagine it's probably similar out there - here the dealers are doing everything they can to stay competetive against the horde of small shops popping up everywhere.

8/10/2005 10:52 AM  
Blogger Rama said...

dealerships were always expensive around me in MN... my family found this shop that was mid-sized, not one of the small independent shops, and it was extremely reasonable and reliable. I miss that place... only mechanics out here are at the Exxon station.

8/10/2005 10:55 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

yes it's finding that great shop that is the hard part.

8/10/2005 3:26 PM  
Blogger nell said...

see, I've only had good service at a small, local, independent shop. however. it helps that the guy that owns it is also on the schoolboard and friends with my dad. so. after several so-so interactions with dealers, if I can, I make the effort to have my car worked on at home. I'm also lucky that I have a Honda, and the biggest problem I've had with it so far is the muffler needed to be replaced :)

8/10/2005 3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home