Name:
Location: Puyallup, Washington, United States

I'm just a normal 40 hour a week, working woman that is trying to save money wherever she can. I have a wonderful husband and two big kitties and hope to have children in the near future. I enjoy being around my huge extended family, playing softball, and various games of all kinds.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Contemplating Change

Ok so I took this little test on Prudential's site to see if I would make a good real estate agent. What do you know? I do!! Not really much of a surprise to me. But I've been seriously thinking about it. I think I could do it. It would be something I could do anywhere in case I move or something. And it's people related, which I can deal with. It's just, I can't lie to people about homes they might buy. So I would be one of those honest sales women? Is that possible? I don't know. But then I have to pay a lot of money to take classes and get the license. Which in WA, is not cheap. But I keep thinking, I can make a whole lot more than I do now. Hmmm, must think some more. If I ever have kids, it would be something I can work around. Flexible schedule. I could then start my own business with it. But then I think, would it make me happy? It might actually...dont' know. Making people happy with getting their first house, that would be cool. Other than that, who knows.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rama said...

you don't have to lie... just use a little diplomacy. or just smile and use head gestures (because they're confusing). or, just show homes to your clients that you know meets all their major criteria... create a little survey to hand out that will help you determine what they can/cannot deal with in a new home. a personality test of sorts... you could do it.

10/04/2005 8:07 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

yeah that's a good idea. I think I might talk to some companies and see what it all takes to be an agent.

10/04/2005 10:22 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

You know they say you need to have $1800 for license and legal stuff, then around three months living expenses. Well, Peter is going to have to make some money :) damn that's a lot.

10/04/2005 11:26 AM  
Blogger Rama said...

$1800--feasible. just a bit of money management

3 months living expenses? yikes. Just rent for me for 3 months is 4 grand... who has that kind of money??

loans from friends is an option. :) ask for it as a wedding gift.

10/04/2005 1:15 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

yeah. I want to talk to some real estate pros I know before I decide. I might just take a class too. I know I have to take some classes, and need to every couple of years too I guess. so I'll just start slow. At this point I'm still helping Peter start his business. I think now I'm about to start learning physics of electricity. WOW!! So exciting!

10/04/2005 1:21 PM  
Blogger Ozzy said...

i've done a little research about this idea before myself...another thing to remember is that for the first few years of it, you're really not going to make much money. so you might want to consider doing it part-time for a while and keep your job til you get some cash flow going, but that's a benefit of the schedule...

10/04/2005 6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home