Name:
Location: Puyallup, Washington, United States

I'm just a normal 40 hour a week, working woman that is trying to save money wherever she can. I have a wonderful husband and two big kitties and hope to have children in the near future. I enjoy being around my huge extended family, playing softball, and various games of all kinds.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

No Smoking

No more smoking in public places in WA anymore. Personally, I think it should be up to the location, but oh well. Helps me not do it anymore. But the whole 25 feet away rule is a little too much. I mean, downtown Seattle is going to have some problems with that since a lot of bars are so close to each other.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rama said...

DC passed one too... but it's not fully in effect until Jan 2007

12/08/2005 1:57 PM  
Blogger nell said...

even though I'm not a smoker and generally don't like being around smokers (except for all you guys, bad influences on me!) I still am not sure how I feel about the smoking bans. mostly ok, but not entirely

12/08/2005 5:28 PM  
Blogger Bistro said...

Yeah, as much as I'm happy to not be around it, it makes me uncomfortable to put it in law so strictly. Chicago is about to put through a similar law, but their distance from a public building is only 15 feet.

12/09/2005 2:42 PM  
Blogger Rama said...

I don't believe DC has a restriction on distance from building. It'd be kind of hard to enforce that, since all the bars are in the older parts of the city, and therefore going even 5 ft from the building would put you in the middle of the street.

12/12/2005 5:50 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

that was my thought. I understand public places like bowling alleys and restaurants. But I think if you own a bar, it should be your decision to have it smoking or non. We have both here. It should be a patron's choice whether or not to go there. I mean we have cigar bars....can't go there anymore, the government just put them out of business. It's just gone a little too far I think.

12/12/2005 7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home