Name:
Location: Puyallup, Washington, United States

I'm just a normal 40 hour a week, working woman that is trying to save money wherever she can. I have a wonderful husband and two big kitties and hope to have children in the near future. I enjoy being around my huge extended family, playing softball, and various games of all kinds.

Friday, August 19, 2005

Hate the Dentist! Fear the Dentist!

Ok so obviously by the title, I'm not a fan of dentists. I had an hour & 1/2 work done yesterday, fillings, etc. and by the end of it my jaw was locked open. I have TMJ, which is a jaw disorder that really sucks. This is the first time I've never been able to close my jaw. And really quite frightening. So now I'm no longer allowed to do that long of an appt and will have to go back in for a mouth guard to wear at night. This thing sucks. My dad has the same thing. We both have the habit of grinding our teeth in our sleep when we're stressed. And if I don't get this mouth piece it can get worse to where I won't be able to close my mouth for a long time (do not even go into sexual guy thoughts or i will beat you, haha). This is all kind of scary for me. Next time I go, I might ask for gas. I'm scared enough of dentists and now I have the fear I might not be able to close my mouth when I get done!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Ozzy said...

ooo...i love my dentist back home. he's awesome and hilarious, even without gas. navy dentists are another matter entirely, however. they seem better outside of recruit training command tho. i've got tmj too, but i guess not to the degree that you do. i think jonah does too. i've never understood the hatred/fear of dentists that people have tho...

8/19/2005 8:40 PM  
Blogger Bistro said...

You have to have a good dentist, and Kara and Sarah obviously don't. I had a really good dentist back home growing up and I also never understood people's fear of the dentist. Until I started living out here permenantly and couldn't go to my guy at home anymore. Tried a new place in Madison and pain pain pain. Suddenly I understood everyone's fear and knew that I had a damn fine dentist growing up.

8/20/2005 7:41 AM  
Blogger nell said...

man, that sucks!! hope your mouth piece helps. I've also got tmj, and it's bad enough to the point where I can't, er, keep my mouth open for more than a couple of minutes. :'(

8/20/2005 4:25 PM  
Blogger Rama said...

I don't mind the dentist... what makes me hate going is the impending lecture on smoking (and now, the impending "praise" for quitting)... just shut up already

8/22/2005 5:50 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

haha...I literally fear the dentist. I shake a lot sometimes. It's weird. I try to breathe and calm myself down. It's hard.

8/22/2005 9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home