Name:
Location: Puyallup, Washington, United States

I'm just a normal 40 hour a week, working woman that is trying to save money wherever she can. I have a wonderful husband and two big kitties and hope to have children in the near future. I enjoy being around my huge extended family, playing softball, and various games of all kinds.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Maybe Vegas isn't supposed to be

So I've spent a few months preparing to go to Vegas. Choosing dates, hotels, saving up, etc. I find out that my aunt (who is only like 26 or 27, yes that's another story) is getting married on the day we are due back into town. The problem is that we do not get back until almost midnight that day. So here are my options and reasons why they are not great options.

1. Cancel trip and replan.
-well i looked at prices for the week after or later and the prices have jumped from $320 pp to about $600 pp. What the freaking hell?!*!! Not an option. Don't want to spend that much.

2. Change flight times.
-haha costs $50 and then whatever the difference of flights would be. So god knows how much seeing reference above. It would be a total of $100 for 2 people.

3. Not go at all.
-ok this is not an option cause i need some selfish love time. I need to have a real vacation before I strangle someone.

So that's where I'm at. She told me not to worry about it, but come on now. Then again I didn't find out until last weekend and it's a few weeks away. So where's the notice??? That's what invites are for. AHHHHHHHHH!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Rama said...

I say if they really wanted you to show, they would have given you notice. you may piss somebody off, but you have your own life that needs to be taken care of first...

8/17/2005 1:20 PM  
Blogger nell said...

I agree. If you can, send a lovely card and/or gift and consider your duty done. When someone gives you short notice, they should expect that not everyone will be able to accomodate their plans. And, she did say not to worry about it. Heheh. Vegas is most definitely meant to be.

8/17/2005 3:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

yeah it's just the guilt building up in me. my parents didn't even know when it was and my dad is walking her down the aisle..haha. poor planning, but she's pregnant as well, so can I blame her too much :)

8/18/2005 7:25 AM  
Blogger liz said...

Less than a months' notice? You so don't have to be there. (invitations are due technically at least 6-8 weeks in advance. Things you learn ... ) Change your flight times if you feel like it and want to get back for the reception.

8/18/2005 8:28 AM  
Blogger nell said...

Hehe, or don't. I'm all for you being a badass and missing the whole thing :)

8/18/2005 12:56 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

haha badass!! yeah!! I think that's the plan. After talking it over with the boy it's the only one we can afford mentally and monetarily (sp?). She can just get a $100 gift. haha. By the way, Liz did you ever receive mine? Just want to make sure.

8/19/2005 7:32 AM  
Blogger liz said...

yes, yes we did :) however we have run out of stamps so there is a slight delay in thankyounote writing. we have enough cards, now, at least ...

8/19/2005 10:44 AM  
Blogger liz said...

we're gonna take it canoeing btw, very useful! all-in-one picinic basket with its own tie-on straps. woot :)

8/19/2005 10:45 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I thought you adventurers would like it and that it would spark some romance (not that you need it).

8/19/2005 11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home